Start your Safari with a Free Mind
We want our guests to feel safe and relaxed when embarking on a safari with us. Please read our travel advice below, as well as details on our all-inclusive policy, supplements, child-policy, regional policy, seasons & rates, rack rates,terms & conditions of travel.
Our rates include:
- All meals
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages, except premium imported spirits and champagne
- Two game viewing activities per day
- National parks entry fee’s
- Transfers from the nearest airstrip to the camp (Except for Somalisa Camp)
Our rates do not include:
- Visa Fees
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Staff Gratuities
- Transfers between camps
- Single guests
Rates are based on two persons sharing.
A single supplement is charged during the high heason (July to October in Botswana, June to October in Zimbabwe); there is no supplement charge for a single guest in the other months except in Mana Pools (Kanga camp, Zambezi Canoeing and Walking Safari, Zambezi Life Styles) where the high season rates and single supplement applies through out the season (from April to October included).
Single supplements are specified for each camp & safari.
- Private Vehicles
Rates are based on a group of 6 persons sharing a vehicle and guide.
Smaller groups can book a private vehicle, depending on availability, for a surcharge of US$250 per day.
A group of 5 guests where the 5th person is paying a single supplement automatically qualify for a private vehicle without a surcharge.
- Guides and Pilots
Game drives are conducted by African Bush Camps resident professional guides.
A private safari guide is available on request with a daily surcharge.
- There will be no charge for guides accompanying their own guests – this is applicable for 1 guide per group.
- Pilots will stay free of charge if there is availability.
- Tour leaders will be charged U$150.00 per night.
Our camps are unfenced and wild animals will occasionally pass through. Children should be under the constant supervision by their parents.
- Children under 6 years (sharing with adults): one child free of charge and second child at 50% of Full Adult Rate (with restrictions)
Children under 6 years old are only accepted during Easter, Christmas and special promoted periods, or otherwise by prior arrangement only, unless the group books the whole camp (10 paying guests for 12 bedded camps, 6 paying guests for 8 bedded camps). If the group is not paying for the whole camp, and there are less than 5 guests, they must book a private vehicle at US$250 per day per group/family.
Children under 6 years old are accomodated with one child free of charge and every child under 6 thereafter at 50% of Adult Rate. Maximum of 3 guests per room per night (2 adults and 1 child) or up to 2 children in the room by prior arrangement. A single bed is provided for the child.
- Children 6 – 12 years: 50% or adult rate during family months.
Children from 6 to 12 years old are accepted throughout the year at 50% of the per person sharing rate if sharing the room with one or two adults or when two children are sharing a room.
Maximum 1 triple of either 1 child and 2 adults or 2 children and 1 adult per room.
If the group/family is less than 5 people, they must book a private vehicle at US$250 per day.
If the child is in a single room, a single supplement is charged of 50% of the normal adult sharing rate throughout the year.
- Children 12 and above: adult rate.
Children from 12 and above will be booked as adults.
- Zambezi Life Styles require a minimum age of 12 years old for safety reasons. Specialised children’s safaris can be arranged on request.
- Footsteps Across Linyanti requires a minimum age of 16 years old for safety reasons. Specialised childrens safaris can be arranged on request.
- Botswana Mobile Safaris require a minimum age of 16 years old for safety reasons. Specialised childrens safaris can be arranged on request.
- During Family Months (January, March to June, November to December included), children under 12 years benefit a 50% discount when sharing with one or two full paying adults in a twin or triple. Out of Family Months , they pay full adult rate. For younger children please enquire directly.
At Somalisa Acacia and Linyanti Ebony, Family Months reduction is extended throughout the whole year for the family unit – if the family unit is already booked, then for further new family bookings, the children will have to pay the full adult rate.
Zimbabwean and South African residents ,Please contact us for any specials at our Zimbabwe camps.`
Rates at African Bush Camps Zimbabwe are normally defined low, medium and high as follow:
- Low season: November to April (included)
This is the green season: hot in November & December, cooler from January to April.
Lower rates normally apply.
- Medium season: May
- High Season: June to October (included)
This is the dry season: cold from June to August, warmer in September & very hot in October.
Higher rates and a single supplement normally apply.
However, in Mana Pools (Kanga camp, Zambezi Canoeing and Walking Safari, Zambezi Life Styles), the rates are the same and the single supplemlent apply through the whole opening period (medium and high seasons, from April to October included).
Rates at African Bush Camps Botswana are normally defined low, medium and high as follow:
- Low Season: December to March (included)
This is the green season: still warm in December, fresher from January to April.
Lower rates normally apply.
- Medium seasons: April, May, June and November
- High Season: July to October (included)
This is the dry season: cold from June to August, warmer in September & October.
Higher rates and a single supplement normally apply.
However, Khwai Tented Camp, Saile Tented Camp, Botswana Mobile Safaris and Migration Camp Nxai Pan do not strictly follow these seasons. Please refer to our camps pages for details.
To better understand seasons in the region, please check our safari seasons information.
All rates are based a on per person per night basis unless otherwise specified.
You will find specific rates for each camp & safari in the respective camps & safari pages, or download our 2012 rates in the box.net embed below.
NB: this requires flash to be active on your browser and may take some time to load, if you don’t see anything rather browse our box.net folder.
Reservations & Payments
All provisional reservations and requests are held for 14 days only before we require a 20% non-refundable deposit to confrm the reservation, otherwise the booking will expire and be released from our reservation system.
Final payment is due prior to the start of your travel arrangements and African Bush Camps must receive payment no later than 8 weeks before your intended travel date. Travel with us is conditional upon full payment of this invoice.
Our booking conditions apply to all travel arrangements with us.
Our cancellation policies are as follows:
- Cancellation of booking after provisional reservation will result in the 20% deposit being forfeited.
- Cancellation within 8 weeks prior to date of travel will incur a 50% fee of total cost of safari
- Cancellation within 4 weeks prior to date of travel will incur a 75% fee of total cost of safari
- Cancellation within 2 weeks prior to date of travel will incur a 100% cancellation fee of the safari.
It is a pre-requisite for all travellers to under take full comprehensive travel insurance which includes emergency evacuation cover.
Please make sure you keep your personal belongings with you on safari at all times. We cannot accept any responsibility for the misplacement of any articles or theft whilst in our camps or during your travels. The logistics of inter-camp communication and the scheduling and costs of charter flights may not be favourable for the return of articles unless you are prepared to pay for the cost of a full charter, to get your goods to catch up to you. This issue is possibly the single biggest form of stress for guests, who have left their goods behind at a camp, and who are not prepared to pay for the charter costs.
Roads in the bush are rough and bumpy, we occasionally travel “off road” and injuries can occur. African Bush Camps, their staff members, associates or agents cannot be held liable for any accidents or any damages! Most places booked for travel are in wild and remote parts of Africa with dangerous wildlife and often harsh terrain; hence you will be exposed to potentially hazardous activities. African Bush Camps, its associates, partners and staff will not be held liable for any injury, loss of life or damage whatsoever during and after the travel arrangements.
Read more about safari travel insurances.
Photography & copyrights
Guides, other guests, and other staff may take photographs including those of you on safari. African Bush Camps reserves the right to use these images for marketing and legal purposes only. However, you can be assured that the type of photographs shall not be used so as to compromise one’s integrity.
Your agreement to the terms & conditions
Through booking and paying for your safari with and for African Bush Camps, assumes that you agree with the terms and conditions of travel, and thereby waiver indemnity to African Bush Camps, its agents, associates and employees.