Scheduled Charter Flights for your Safaris in Zimbabwe
Safari Logistics is an African Bush Camps initiative to promote general travel around Zimbabwe through cost effective air access to some of the country’s top safari and wildlife areas, which include Victoria Falls, Hwange, Lake Kariba in Matusadona and Mana Pools.
How it works
Charter Flights depart from Victoria Falls and make a rotation between the various airstrips serving Hwange, Lake Kariba/Matusadona and Mana Pools, then fly back and reach Victoria Falls the same day.
Choose the flight sector you need and plan your safari to take advantage of this cost effective way to fly around Zimbabwe.
Enquiries are to be sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Two airfields are serviced in the Hwange area; Manga and Hwange main aerodrome.
Mana Pools National Park has two airfields serviced; Dandawa and Mana Main
Charter Flights run three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Departing from Victoria Falls, the schedule serves Hwange, Lake Kariba/Matusadona and Mana Pools, with the return leg ending in Victoria Falls.
The schedule became effective from the 1st of April 2012 and operates year round.
Rates are in US$, one way per person for scheduled charters, and per plane for private charters (cessna.206).
Why Safari Logistics?
We believe that marketing Zimbabwe as a destination will bring business for all Zimbabwe based service and accommodation providers whilst creating a workable solution for travelers and suppliers of tourism into the country.
Due to low numbers in travel to Zimbabwe over the last few years, guests looking to fly between local destinations, such as Victoria Falls to Mana Pools, would have to book and pay for a private air charter. This is a very expensive way to travel particularly if you are travelling as a couple.
With Safari Logistics, you can now simply book and pay for a seat on our guaranteed schedules that run three times a week departing from Victoria Falls.
Areas & Facilities Serviced
This service route services the following airstrips, national parks and facilities:
- Victoria Falls
Hotels and lodges around Victoiria Falls as tourism Hub
- Manga (Hwange National Park)
Acess to Somalisa Camp
- Hwange (Hwange National Park)
Access to The Hide, Sikumi Tree Lodge, Ivory, Miombo, Hwange Safari Lodge
- Bumi (Matusadona National Park)
Access to Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, Musango Camp, Rhino Island Safari Lodge
- Mana (Mana Pools National Park)
Access to Zambezi Life Styles, Vundu Camp, Ruwezi Canoeing, Goliath Safaris,Canoeing and Walking Safaris
- Danadawa (Mana Pools National Park)
Access to Kanga Camp
- Kariba (Kariba Lake )
Acces to House BoatsFuel Stop
Luggage and Weight Restrictions
The type of aircraft used on this schedule is usually a Cessna .206 that can carry up to 4 passengers.
For your safety, luggage is therefore strictly restricted to a maximum of 20 kilograms or 40 pounds per person in a soft duffel bag whose shape you can manipulate.
The pilot reserves the right to include extra passengers or deny passengers and / or luggage on the flight if he believes that safety could be compromised due to weight.
Passengers over 100 kilograms or 220 pounds may have to purchase an extra seat – Please inform us prior to travel if this is the case.
Should the number of passengers warrant, a bigger aircraft may be sourced for the route, however weight restrictions still apply.
Terms & Conditions
The schedule requires a minimum of two people to guarantee departure, hence single travelers will have to pay for two as a surcharge regardless of how many people end up on the aircraft on the day of flying.
1. As this is an Air Taxi type concept, you can expect to have at least, or up to, 3 stops along the way before you reach your destination. This is particularly for travelers that are flying either to Mana from Victoria Falls or vice versa. This means that travel time for the longer flights could take up to 5 hours before you reach your destination. However, you will only be charged the amount for the specific sector
2. The schedule is operated 3 times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. However, charter flights can be requested on the other days and these will be serviced based on individual requests and will be offered on a case by case basis.
3. There will be at least 1 fuel stop on the schedule over and above any drop off and pick up stops, mostly in Kariba.
4. The Schedule is run on a first book first serve basis and seats are limited, hence in order to guarantee your seat, you are encouraged to book in advance to allow for efficient scheduling and planning
5. Departure taxes are not included and this is to be paid directly at each commercial airport i.e. Victoria Falls, Hwange, and Kariba. The pilot will collect the amount from guests prior to flying. These departure taxes are subject to change without notice (currently $10 per person).
6. Safari Logistics have no control of sudden fuel and levy increases and hence all rates are subject to change without notice. However, confirmed bookings prior to increase will be honored at the same rates.
7. Due to the flying times the schedule routes does not connect with any incoming or out going Regional and International commercial flights. Therefore, we kindly request that Agents do not book any connecting flights in and out of Victoria Falls on the same day as the transfer. Safari Logistics will not be held liable or responsible for any unforeseen delays to any destination that might result in guests missing out on any connecting travel movements or activities.
8. Safari Logistics will not be held liable for providing guests with food or drinks during their transfers. As some routes may take up to 5 hours, we encourage all agents to ensure that the accommodation providers where guests are traveling from arrange a packed snack / lunch for guests including drinks.
9. All payment and cancellation policies are in accordance with African Bush Camps terms and conditions of travel as stated.
Registered agents will find all this information available for download int he agent’s corner, within ABC web kit.