An Intimate, Authentic Safari Experience in Chobe Enclave
Set in one of the remotest parts of Botswana, this private concession allows guests to experience the Botswana Wilderness through the lap of luxury.
The magnificent area boasts of an unparalleled wilderness with highlights of big herds of buffalo in the dry season and regular close encounters of unique wildlife species. The endless vistas of the Linyanti marsh makes an incredible playing field for the avid bird watcher, combined with breath taking views of a scenery carved by defiant forces of nature.
The personalised service and unique experience is afforded to a maximum of 12 guests at a time.
Camp opens:All year round
Click here: Linyanti Bush Camp to review the experience online
- Location: Linyanti Bush Camp is set in a private reserve, which borders the western boundary of Chobe National Park in the Chobe Enclave (North of Botswana).
Coordinates: S 18* 14. 804′, E 023* 57. 514′
- How to get there?
- by charter flight to Saile airstrip from another camp or a regional location – the most usual being Maun (1h) or Kasane (35mn) – Guests are then transferred by 4WD (about 1h drive) into camp.
- by road transfer: from Kasane (4h), Khwai (5h) or Maun (8h)
- Self drive is possible but recommended only for experienced 4×4 drivers.
Check out our safari maps.
- Camp opens: all-year round.
- Children: are accepted from the age of 7.
- Ideal length of stay: 3 nights
- Safari itineraries: A stay at Linyanti Bush camp may be positively combined with a 3-day Footsteps Across the Linyanti Safari, or with a visit to one of our camps in the Okavango delta or Makgadikgadi & Nxai Pan National Parks depending on the season. Check our safari itineraries or contact us!
- The environment : As the only source of water throughout the dryer months of the year, the Linyanti Swamps are one of the most attractive areas in the Chobe Enclave, and attract diverse species of game year round. The area’s relative remoteness makes it a favored wilderness safari destination and one of the best sought after areas in Northern Botswana. Read More »
- Wildlife : Best know for its large populations of elephant and buffalo, which congregate in vast numbers during the dry season (May to October), the area also attracts a variety of plains game including giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, eland, sable, roan, the rare and elusive sitatunga antelope and red lechwe. Hippo and crocodile can be found in the surrounding marshes, and nocturnal creatures such as aardvark, civet and leopard can be seen at night. The predators in the area include: lion, hyena, wild dog, and cheetah. The Linyanti Marsh and the general area of Chobe Enclave offer spectacular birding all year round. Read More »
- Safari Activities : Activities on offer consist primarily of 4WD game drives in the company of expert professional guides; off-road driving, night drives with a spot-light, and walking. There are excellent hides for bird watching, and following recent years of excellent rain, guests are now able to explore the Linyanti marshes in a mokoro (a fibre glass canoe styled on Botswana’s traditional dug-out canoe).
- Our guides are some of the most experienced naturalists and professional guides in Botswana Read More »
Linyanti Bush Camp provides the perfect atmosphere for an authentic and wild safari experience. Combining simple design with modern comfort and a measure of African elegance, the camp offers a relaxing environment amidst the Wilderness.
- Camp situation : Linyanti Bush Camp is a small, intimate 12 bedded tented safari camp overloooking the banks of the Linyanti marshes.
- Accomodation: Luxury tented camp
The camp offers light, airy and tastefully furnished rooms under canvas. The meru tents are spacious at 8×5 metres (24×15 feet) and offer a bedroom and living area with comfortable sofas and footstools, an elegant en-suite bathroom with flushing toilet , and hot and cold running water. In addition, each tent houses a small private decked area where guests can sit and enjoy the views over the Linyanti Marshes.
- Capacity : 6 luxury tents (1 double and 5 twin) with a total of 12 beds.
The camp is limited to small exclusive groups who seek a personalized experience in a private concession, tucked away from the main tourist’s routes.
- Facilities: The main lodge area is a large open-sided canvas tent raised on wooden decking with a dining area, small library, bar and lounge with comfortable sofas. The deck gives a full view of the Linyanti floodplains and marsh, where large herds of elephant and buffalo move freely. There is a small Splash Pool. Elephant and other animals occasionally wander through the camp.
- Cuisine : The camp offers guests delicious cuisine throughout, from tea snacks, right through to the starter and dessert.li>
- Communications: The camp can communicate by radio and satellite phone in case of emergency.
- 495 US$ from December to March included (low season)
- 640 US$ in April, May, June and November (medium seasons)
- 820 US$ from July to October included (high season)
230 US$ single supplement (high season only)
Learn more about safari seasons »
Children under 12 years benefit a 50% discount when sharing with one or two full paying adults in a twin or triple during Family Months (January, March to June, November to December included). Out of Family Months , they pay full adult rate. For younger children please enquire directly. See our child policy or contact us.
All-inclusive policy: Our rates are per guest per night and include: accommodation based on 2 persons sharing, all meals, all beverages except premium imported spirits and champagne, two game viewing activities per day, laundry, transfer from nearest airstrip and internal transfers if needed. See details in our Rates & conditions page.