The Perfect Private Safari in Chobe Enclave
This small intimate tented camp is located alongside Linyanti Bush Camp on the Western boundary of Chobe in the famous Linyanti swamps. A luxury camp of only 4 tents, accomodating up to 8 persons, it is meant to perfectly fit private safaris: families and small groups will experience a true African safari experience and enjoy the finest wildlife in Botswana in a private, exclusive atmosphere.
Camp opens:1st April 2011 and will operate all-year round.
- Location: Linyanti Ebony is located alongside Linyanti Bush Camp, within a private concession bordering the western boundary of Chobe National Park in the Chobe Enclave (North of Botswana).
Coordinates: S 18* 14. 804′, E 023* 57. 514′
- How to get there ?
- by charter flight to Saile airstrip from another camp or a regional location – the most usual being Maun (1h) or Kasane (35mn) – and then be transferred by 4WD (about 1h drive) into camp.
- by road transfer: from Kasane (4h), Khwai (5h) or Maun (8h)
- Self drive is possible but recommended only for experienced 4×4 drivers.
Check out our safari maps.
- Camp opens: all year round.
- Children: Linyanti Ebony is not recommended for children under the age of 7 due to its remote location, but for children under the age of 7: please contact us.
- Ideal length of stay: 3 nights
- Safari itineraries: A stay at Linyanti Ebony may be positively combined with a 3-days Footsteps Across the Linyanti Safari, or with a visit to one of our camps in the Okavango delta or Makgadikgadi & Nxai Pan National Parks depending on the season. Check our safari itineraries or contact us!
- The environment : As one of the most attractive areas within the Chobe region, the Linyanti Swamps attract a great diversity of wildlife, especially during the dry season when it becomes the only known water source in the surrounding areas. The relative remoteness of the concession makes it a favored safari destination and one of the best sought after areas in Northern Botswana. Read More »
- Wildlife : Best known for its large populations of elephant and buffalo, these animals move down to the Linyanti River at the start of the winter months and only move back inland once the main rains arrive. Plains game that can be sighted includes giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, land, sable, roan and the rare and elusive sitatunga antelope. Hippo and crocodile can be found in the surrounding marshes, and nocturnal creatures such as aardvark, civet and leopard can be found at night. Additional predators in the area include: lion, hyena, wild dog, and cheetah. Linyanti Ebony offers spectacular birding all year round, including a variety of raptors and owls. Read More »
- Safari Activities :Activities on offer are game drives in open 4 x 4 vehicles, walking excursions with an armed professional guide, mokoro excursions (a fibre glass canoe styled on Botswana’s traditional dug-out canoe), boating and fishing in the recently replenished water filled lagoons.
- Our guides are some of the most experienced naturalists and professional guides in Botswana Read More »
Linyanti Ebony is a small 8 bedded intimate camp, perfect for families or private safaris.
- Camp situation : Linyanti Ebony is located alongside Linyanti Bush Camp. The camp is built on raised decking over looking the Linyanti marsh, affording you stunning views of the endless vistas and lagoons of the Linyanti river system.
- Accomodation: Luxury tented camp
The camp offers light, airy and tastefully furnished rooms under canvas. The meru tents are spacious and offer a bedroom and living area, an elegant en-suite bathroom, with flushing toilet, a shower with hot and cold running water, and an outdoor patio sitting area at the front where guests can enjoy the views over the Linyanti Marshes.
- Capacity: The camp’s well appointed accommodation includes 3 twin bedded tents and 1 luxury family room.
- Facilities: Its own main dinning and lounge area with a splash pool makes the camp a perfect choice for family experiences and small groups requiring private and exclusive use of a camp.
- Cuisine : The camp offers fine cuisine and dining can be indoor or outdoor.
- Communications: The camp can communicate by radio and satellite phone in case of emergency.
- 470 US$ from December to March included (low season)
- 608 US$ in April, May, June and November (medium seasons)
- 779 US$ from July to October included (high season)
230 US$ single supplement (high season only)
Learn more about safari seasons »
Private safaris: The camp can be booked exclusively with a minimum of 6 people.The camp offers accommodation for tour leaders and private guides on escorted safaris.
Children under 12 years benefit a 50% discount when sharing with one or two full paying adults in a twin or triple during Family Months (January, March to June, November to December included). The Family Months reduction is extended all year round for the family unit at Linyanti Ebony – if the family unit is already booked, the children will have to pay the full adult rate.
For younger children please enquire directly.
See our child policy or contact us.
All-inclusive policy: Our rates are per guest per night and include: accommodation based on 2 persons sharing, all meals, all beverages except premium imported spirits and champagne, two game viewing activities per day, laundry, transfer from nearest airstrip and internal transfers if needed. See details in our Rates & conditions page.