A 3-days private expedition in Botswana’s remotest area of the Linyanti (Chobe enclave)
A true touch of nature where your senses are heightened by the intimate and close experiences you share with nature on foot on a three day walking expedition in Botswana’s remotest area of the Linyanti.
The combination of game-rich woodland and open floodplains gives you different perspectives and a total bush educational of how the wildlife and flora survive nature’s forces.
Your small mini-meru tented camp moves wherever the wildlife takes you with its full back up staff and services.
Camp opens:from May to October included (shoulder and dry seasons)
- Location: This walking safari will take you to the remotest parts of theLinyanti game reserve , that borders the western boundary of Chobe National Park in the Chobe Enclave (North of Botswana).
- How to get there ?
- by charter flight to Saile airstrip from another camp or a regional location – the most usual beeing Maun (1h) or Kasane (35mn). On arrival into Saile Private Airstrip, guests are met by their guide. The luggage is taken ahead by vehicle to the camp and guests begin their three day walking adventure by walking to camp.
- by road transfer: from Kasane (4h), Khwai (5h) or Maun (8h).
- Self drive is possible but recommended only for experienced 4×4 drivers. Please check out our safari maps or contact us for directions.
- Camp opens: from May to October included (shoulder and dry seasons)
- Set departures: There is a scheduled set departure which takes place on the 2nd of every month from the 2nd of May to the 2nd of October for which the minimum number of people travelling must be 2 for a minimum of 3 nights.
- Group sizes: Footsteps Across the Linyanti is a safari offered to a minimum of 2 guests to a maximum of 6 people, to guarantee a departure at any date within the season for a minimum of 3 nights.
- Children: Children must be 16 years old for safety reasons. Specialised childrens safaris can be arranged on request: please contact us.
- Ideal length of stay: 3 nights minimum.
- Safari itineraries: a Footsteps Across the Linyanti may be combined with a stay at Linyanti Bush Camp, Linyanti Ebony, or Saile Tented Camp in the same region, or with a visit to the Okavango delta and . Check our suggested Safari Itinerariessafari itineraries or contact us!
- The environment : Secluded and uncrowded, the forgotten paradise of Linyanti lies to the north of the Okavango Delta, in the furthest corner of Chobe National Park . This short strip of swampy river frontage is reminiscent of the Okavango’s permanent waterways with papyrus-lined lagoons, reed-beds and a towering canopy of trees.Read More »
- Wildlife : The Linyanti area is best known for its large populations of Elephant and Buffalo that congregate in vast numbers especially during the dry season. Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, and a number of the plains game can be enjoyed in the Linyanti. The rare and elusive sitatunga antelope, red lechwe, hippo and crocodile can be found in the surrounding marshes. The area offers spectacular birding. Read More »
- Walking Safari Activities : This is an adventure safari for those that seek to explore the wild and remote wilderness area on foot. The mobile tented camping safari experience focuses on walking within the private concession in the Chobe Enclave part of the Linyanti. Distance walked each day will vary depending on the capabilities of the group and what their interests are with many stops for water, picnic breakfasts, lunches and many interesting sightings along the way. Close-up encounters on foot with elephant, buffalo and lion are not uncommon, in the hands of the best professional guides whose first passion is to interpret and bring to life every aspect of the bush. This is an adventure that will awaken you to the heart beat of Africa and its true wilderness.
- Our guides are some of the most experienced naturalists and professional guides in Botswana Read More »
- Itinerary: The Camp remains as a static camp at one site unless specifically requested to function as a moving mobile unit.
- Capacity : 3 tents with a total of 6 beds
- Accomodation: Adventure tented camp
The mini Meru-style tents are spacious walk in tents with twin beds and bush-bucket shower/toilet en-suite in an attached covered bathroom. They are insect proof, simple yet comfortable. They will be set up every day prior to your arrival by professional teams of safari experts.
- Facilities: A full back-up team will set up the camps well ahead of you for the different night spots, and to ensure your comfort at all times. Guests are not expected to take part in any camp duty, allowing for complete relaxation.
- Food & Dining: We pride ourselves in offering delicious cuisine prepared in traditional style. Meals are simple, yet tasty and enjoyed in true bush style around an open camp fire.
- Communications: The camp can communicate by radio or satellite phone in case of emergency.
- 692 US$ from May to October included (high season & part of medium season)
150US$ single supplement (high season only: from June to October included)
- closed from November to April included (low season and part of medium season)
Learn more about safari seasons »
Private safaris: Paying for 6 people guarantee’s a private trip.
Children under 12 years benefit a 50% discount when sharing with one or two full paying adults in a twin or triple during Family Months (January, March to June, November to December included). Out of Family Months , they pay full adult rate. For younger children please enquire directly. See our child policy or contact us.
All-inclusive policy: Our rates are per guest per night and include: accommodation based on 2 persons sharing, all meals, all beverages except premium imported spirits and champagne, two game viewing activities per day, laundry, transfer from nearest airstrip and internal transfers if needed. See details in our Rates & conditions page.