African Bush Camps is proud to partner with ‘Pack for a Purpose’, a charitable organization that will help you have positive impact in the areas you visit.
Pack for a Purpose
There is need everywhere in the world. It can sometimes be difficult, however, to identify specific needs in places far from home. Pack for a Purpose believes people fortunate enough to travel to other countries often wish they could make meaningful contributions to help meet the needs of the places they visit. Such contributions are one way of expressing appreciation for the experiences and hospitality they enjoyed in other lands.
Pack for a purpose’s goal is to assist travelers who want to say thank you in this manner, or who simply want to expand their generosity beyond their own communities.
By asking travelers to pack 5 lbs (2.27 kg’s) of supplies, Pack for a Purpose involves everyone who wants to add value to his or her trip. By delivering the supplies directly to a ground person at key airports or directly at the traveler’s accommodation, it is possible for every traveler to contribute and requires no logistical support. That amount takes only a small space, requires little effort and still makes a big impact.
The African Bush Camps Foundation
The African Bush Camps Foundation is a registered non-profit charity that supports sustainable community development in the wildlife areas surrounding our camps in Botswana and Zimbabwe. It is active in the following areas:
- Education: The Foundation supports orphans and vulnerable children within primary schools, teachers as well as a large range of students with high school scholarships.
- Income-Generating Projects: currently operating in the Hwange/Dete area on the outskirt of Hwange national park, including an organic vegetable garden, a sewing project, a chicken project and recycled paper making project.
- Sports Events: these which aim at bringing together the community in a positive context, building community spirit as well as sourcing specific donations that benefit some of the remote villages who usually do not receive any attention with things such as sporting equipment, uniforms, stationary and text books and using these events as a platform to educate the communities about environmental sustainability and health.
> Learn more about the projects: [intlink id="5229" type="page"]African Bush Camps Foundation[/intlink].
How you can help
Pack 5lb (2.25kgs) of supplies as directed, bring it to one of our camps, and your donation will benefit communities within projects run by the African Bush Camps Foundation in the Dete area, by Hwange (Zimbabwe).
What you can bring:
- School supplies: Pencils, pens, colored and white chalk, crayons, mighty markers, colored pencils, paints, paint brushes, erasers, pencil sharpeners, solar calculators, mathematics and geometry sets, educational wall charts and maps, reading books in English for children of all ages, Bibles, atlas’s, encyclopedia’s,
- School supplies (hardware): working laptops, USB sticks,
- Sports / Outdoor activities: new or used sports equipment, particularly deflated soccer balls, netballs, volleyballs and nets, inflation pumps,
- Clothing: second hand primary school uniforms, school shoes and sports shoes, nursery school sized clothes, shoes and toys,
- Craft supplies: sewing machines, thread, needles, sewing scissors, tape measures, magazines, glue, glass beads, earing hooks and 15 – 17 inch gage wire, wire cutters, rulers, scissors,
- Gardening supplies: organic and bio-dynamic vegetable seeds.
Thanks for your great support!